Check on your Roof this Spring with these Spring Roof Maintenance Tips
When your roof has endured a long harsh winter you really should schedule to have us check and see if any roof maintenance is needed. After all; snow, ice, and cold temperatures can be especially destructive to roofing materials. And if a harsh winter has created a need for any roof maintenance you would be best served to find out “before” the spring rains arrive. Otherwise, you could be incurring needless expense to repair interior damage resulting from roof leakage. So, don’t wait. Give us a call, because now is a key time to assess the condition of your roof. Get a Roof Inspection and make sure your roof is in good health.
Since 1967, Larry Vaught Roofing has been offering Greater Kansas City homeowners honest professional advice regarding whether or not any roof maintenance is advised. We will provide you a written proposal at no charge or obligation for any roof maintenance we may suggest. And, if you choose to have us complete any repairs, the work will be performed by our very own highly skilled craftsmen.
To follow are a few of the key components we typically evaluate when assessing the condition of roofs:
- Missing, damaged, loose shingles
- Missing, damaged, loose ridge cap shingles
- Missing, damaged, loose metal roof flashings
- Condition of neoprene collars on flashings around vent pipes
- Condition of caulking / sealants at vent pipe collars
- Condition of caulking along the top edge of metal counter flashing at chimneys and sidewalls
- Accumulated debris (leaves, branches, etc.) upon the roof and / or gutters
- Significant fungus, algae, mold growth upon the roof
- Overall age / condition of roof
- Overall opinion as to the integrity / likely longevity of the roof
- Visible storm related roof damage
- Visible manufacturing defects
Larry Vaught roofing is the local family owned roof maintenance specialist that Greater Kansas City area homeowners have counted on for over 53 years to provide their steep sloped roofing needs. It won’t be long until the spring rains arrive, so call soon for a free evaluation of your roof.