A roof is a fundamental part of any property and requires meticulous attention. Shielding your home from harsh elements year after year, it is crucial to keep your roof in tip-top shape by cleaning and repairing on a regular basis. If you fail to take care of your roof, it might develop leaks and other problems that can threaten the structural integrity of your home.
A professional roofer should perform thorough inspections of your roof. Here is what you can expect during a visit.
Many issues with the roof can be identified from the attic. Some of the things the inspector will look for when performing an interior roof inspection include:
- Proper insulation: The roofer will determine whether your attic is adequately insulated by assessing the physical condition and measuring the R-value of the insulation. A poorly insulated attic can trap excessive heat and moisture in your home. This can cause the interior space to feel extremely hot in the summer and cause the snow to melt and penetrate the roofing system in the winter, leading to leaks.
- Rot and mold: The growth of mold and rot in the attic is a telltale sign of poor ventilation.
- Leaks: Leaks are usually easy to pick out as they only grow worse over time. They can also indicate areas where the roof is damaged or needs repair. Some causes of leaks include missing, broken or curling shingles.
A roof inspection is not complete until a professional roofer gets on the roof and inspects the condition of your shingles, flashing and other components closely.
- Shingles: The roofer will check the condition of your shingles and make sure they are not curling, buckling, rotting or missing. All damaged shingles should be replaced immediately to ward off bigger structural problems in the future.
- Flashing: Flashing is a thin material that keeps water away from the vulnerable spots of the roof. If torn or dislocated, rainfall can easily trickle into your system and wreak havoc.
- Gutters: Gutters will also be inspected during a roofing inspection. An excessive amount of shingle granule and debris buildup in the gutters is often a sign that your roof is wearing down and needs to be replaced soon.
Larry Vaught Roofing is a premier source of roofing and gutter solutions in and around Grandview, MO. Our top-rated professionals are committed to providing the comfort and efficiency you need through industry-leading products and outstanding installation and repair skills. Call us today at (816) 722-2282, or fill out our contact form to set up an appointment.